My Blog Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Keep Politics OUT of Makeup

I lost interest in blogging awhile ago when it just seemed to be too much work.  I just don't have time to learn the ins-and-outs of blogging, setting up web my site, monitoring mail, blah, blah, blah.  And, there are just SO many people much better at it than I am (or I perceive myself to be) that I said "eh, move on."

But, lately, I have been horrified (yes, horrified) at the number of bloggers who cannot resist mixing politics into their blogs.  All of them are generally left-leaning (sorry, 'tis true) and while I don't care which side of the fence you are on, there simply is no justification for blatantly disregarding some of your readers.  Some of them support vile hate-talk products that assault the character of a presidential candidate that they find distasteful.  Maybe it's a shock and awe campaign but it simply isn't necessary and it's in total bad taste.

I look to makeup blogs to be neutralized from the beginning and a pleasant experience for all.  It's like watching HGTV in the middle of a war.  You relax, lose some of the tension, and focus on something that calms the spirit and excites your creativity.   There instead have been two posts in the last week that have irritated me to frustration first thing in the morning when I get my daily email.

So, if I never write another blog post, let this be my message for the moment.  Get off your soapbox.  I don't need to know who you like in this election or who you can't stand.  We are talking makeup.  If you want to push your agenda, please go to a political blog where all your friends live and spout your similar drivel. 

Btw, I have unsubscribed to both bloggers.  They are popular blogs and in the past I have enjoyed them immensely.  But, I want a peaceful makeup reading experience.  If I want this kind of banter, I can turn on the radio or TV or watch MSNBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment